About Us

The Club’s original premises were near the Low Parks in what was then the most densely populated part of the town of Hamilton.

Industry and the rapid growth in the town’s population meant that this site became unsuitable and so, in 1880, the Club relocated to its present home in Strathmore Road.

Today, we have about 130 members, both ladies and gents.

We are active members of Bowls Scotland and the Lanarkshire Bowling Association and we regularly compete in many of the competitions organised by these bodies and other local organisations.

We also play friendly “Parish Matches” against several local clubs, a tradition that dates back many years.

Within the Club, we have an extensive range of competitions and a highlight of each season is the presentation of the championship trophies.

Bowling is a sport to be enjoyed and we never forget this.

Throughout the year, we organise fun games and social events and in the winter,
we have whist drives and indoor bowling games.

We also run a variety of invitation tournaments during the season. It would not be possible to run these without the support of sponsors to whom we are very grateful.

Our principal sponsors for 2017 are:

Sponsor Tournament Website
T & A Fyfe (Funeral Directors) Mixed Rinks Charity Day Click here
Scotmid Gents Invitation Fours Click here
John Sinclair Gents Senior Triples  
Gents Executive Committee Gents Triples  
Cooperative Funeralcare Ladies Invitation Triples Click here
Rocca Ristorante Ladies Invitation Pairs Click here

 

 

 

Hamilton Bowling Club
Registered Scottish Charity
Number SC041155